Sunday, March 11, 2012

Keep it (too?) Simple

 
http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/03/09/bathroom-on-a-wall/

An entire bathroom, modular in its various components, designed and assembled as part of one wall. Flawed, but interesting.

So... cool? Or creepy?

2 comments:

  1. A lot of the rooms we've been looking at in class have that very designer-ish and future feel (all white rooms, all glass house, etc). The rooms are cool and all but they feel misplaced. It seems to me as though the designer got so caught up in making it look interesting and forgot about its location. This room feels very cold to me, not necessarily creepy, but I feel like I would get a cat scan in this room, this isn't a bathroom in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, it does feel like a hospital. It's not inviting and I wouldn't feel comfortable even brushing my teeth in there. The concept of the modular wall is interesting but the design itself needs to be humanized.

    ReplyDelete