Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Design it around this."


http://blog.2modern.com/2012/03/designing-around-1-element-a-yellow-chair.html

Would this possibly work as a design direction? Base an entire design (an interior space in this particular case) around one element? Like this yellow chair? There was a commercial by Kohler (the bathroom fixture manufacturer) that also brought this idea up, albeit in a more whimsical way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTteyEKWNo

What do you think? Can this work? Can one item, or object, or shape be the basis for a much more far-reaching design scheme?

5 comments:

  1. i approve of this design, very clean simple and thematic in that it revolves around 1 element, and everything meshes well :) very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny you mention this I recently was just at a home that had a similar theme to this, except in place of the yellow was red. I think it worked out nicely, I also think this works, although I wouldn't have it in my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that concept is acceptable if it is designed around an object or a piece of furnishing that is important in that person’s lifestyle (ex. Dining room table, couch, a bookshelf with favorite books and records,) than I would definitely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is definitely not a home for a family haha
    mud prints everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree it's a home for an OCD, plastic on your shoe wearing, no pets, no friends, no kids, never home person....lol

    ReplyDelete