Sunday, March 11, 2012

Designers of the Week


Please remember that the links I provide here are just a few of many online resources concerning the work of our "Designers of the Week." Go beyond these few in your research of these subjects.

Yoshiko Sato
I bring up the work of Ms. Sato because not only was she a designer whose work I've admired for some time, but because she was in the news recently due to her passing from cancer. It was an unquestionable loss for the design world.

http://www.morrissato.com/index.htm
http://www.cualumni.com/s/1289/indexNoRtcol.aspx?sid=1289&gid=1&pgid=628


Massimo Vignelli
Believing that “If you are able to design anything, it is possible to design everything,” Massimo Vignelli proved this to be true with this varied career in design that ranged from graphic design to packaging to furniture to interiors/showrooms and more. I guarantee that even if you don't realize it, you've seen Vignelli's work somewhere. And I further guarantee that you've seen the work of all the myriad designers who have been influenced by this man.

http://www.vignelli.com/
http://www.designboom.com/eng/interview/vignelli.html

1 comment:

  1. i was really surprised at all the things Massimo made! Thats crazy, like a jack of all design? haha

    ReplyDelete