Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Caveat Designer

 


While you must always surround yourselves with examples of excellent design, there are times you also have to understand all the baaaaaad design out there-- so you know what to avoid and what mistakes not to make. To that end, I present you two websites. The first, Photoshop Disasters, shows us how in even the most professional of design applications, digital manipulation can go horribly wrong. The title of the second, Your Logo Makes Me Barf, says it all. (Unfortunately this one hasn't been updated for several months now, but there are plenty of examples in the site's long history.) Enjoy.

Photoshop Disasters: http://www.psdisasters.com/

Your Logo Makes Me Barf: http://yourlogomakesmebarf.com/

2 comments:

  1. I always find myself more interested in the bad than the good. I love to know how NOT to do something. Like here is another link to the worst webpage ever. For anyone interested in webdesign it's a perfect example of everything wrong with websites.

    http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/main.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this post is gearing towards design gone badly but i have to throw in this website showing off the "clever" in logo design:

    http://www.demilked.com/logos-with-hidden-symbolism-part-iii/

    So good i couldn’t help myself - the website itself is worth bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete