
It's an interactive timeline of design-- graphics, advertising, product design, fashion, and so on. This is a great example of exactly what our class is all about. I really want you to take a look through the site.
One of the things I noticed during our "movie logo quiz" was that there was a familiarity with things from the last 10 - 15 years or so, but earlier than that, it started to trail off. Like everything else, design today builds on what came before it. You have to know where we came from to understand why we're here. This, even if in just a small way, can help us do that.
Thank you to Roksana for the excellent link!
THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER! WWII Pics here I come!
ReplyDeletesaw a picture of Billy the Kid, apparently it is the only known authenticated one. Really interesting, getting a glimpse of history. Also saw a post of the history of Cosmopolitan....what a dramatic change in cover page layout. Even in 1970s the cover page is so difficult to read. The only thing that grabs your attention is the photo, but in regards to what articles hold interest, it is very difficult to read because everything is in small white san serif font. There are no words in bold, or italics, or in different sizes. Its amazing how far design has come.
ReplyDeleteYes, I can’t get enough of this website. Every time I visit it I find better images than the last time - like for example these interesting posters from Tokyo subway in 1970-1980.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.retronaut.co/2011/09/tokyo-subway-manner-posters-1976-1982/