Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"No, Mr. Bond... I expect you to [design]!"


Okay, here's an interesting one. I found this link on a movie site I was browsing. It's a look at James Bond movies... from a typographical point of view. Logos, signage, monograms. The site itself isn't designed so well, but it's an interesting idea.


I wish they would have also included the type/logos from the film titles themselves-- definitely a sign of the changing times of film design, '62 from until now. Maybe something we can compile...

http://007.graphicallstars.com/

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of 007, here's a compilation of all of the "gunbarrel" sequences from the Bond films. Similar, of course, but with subtle differences. You can see how the sequence changes slightly as the technology changes. It starts with a relatively static frame around the film of Bond walking, but by time it gets to the '90s and 2000s, it's all CG animated versions, and has reflections and tons of detail. You also see differences in the style of clothing and music (How 'bout the disco-sounding take on the theme during some of the Roger Moore years? Scary.) Few (if any) other movie franchises have survived this long to see such a change in the times.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBRzxSZe6o0

    ReplyDelete