Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Meet the new boss... same as the old boss..."


So the NFL and Nike revealed "new" uniform designs for next football season. And please note my quotes around "new," as I don't really see that much of a change. Some fans are okay with it, some are upset. But again, I don't see the big deal. Sports uniforms have always been a source of fascination for me, as they're a unique combination of form/function with merchandising and sponsorship. And love the histories and the stories behind the evolution of various uniforms over the years. But not too much to see here. What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8280d110/article/nfl-nike-roll-out-new-uniforms-for-all-32-teams


3 comments:

  1. Speaking of sports uniform design, today is the 100th anniversary of the debut of the most famous pinstripes in sports history. ...or maybe history in general!

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120410&content_id=28329362&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. they seem to look basically the same, i think the type used for the numbering is different though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I agree, I don't see much of a difference but NIke did change a teams logo and color scheme. But for the most part they just changed the composition and fabric of all the uniforms. Its silly to get so worked up about. :)

    ReplyDelete